Gray Television seeks a dynamic Producer to join our award-winning team. The ideal candidate should have a high-energy personality with innovative ideas and a passion for engaging news content. The success of the WVLT digital product is a top priority. In a technological world where many people check their mobile devices first after waking up, our digital content, including news and weather mobile apps, website and Facebook, must be fresh each day. Creative thinking in breaking news and weather situations is also a priority. As part of the news team, an outstanding candidate must understand the importance of breaking news and weather. The ideal candidate must be able to decide, create and effectively execute the plan.
WVLT is located in beautiful Knoxville, Tennessee. In addition to producing 34 hours of newscasts each week on the CBS affiliate, WVLT, the station takes advantage of its co-owned CW-affiliate and to expand its news audience by producing two hours of additional weekday morning news and nightly 10 p.m. newscast. At the door step of the Smoky Mountains and on the banks of the Tennessee River, Knoxville is the 61st largest television market in the country. In addition to being home to the University of Tennessee’s flagship campus, Knoxville sports a walkable downtown, sophisticated mix of culture and cuisine, a diverse and robust employment sector, advanced medical care, and amenities found in big cities yet maintains a small town feel.
- Produce a minimum of 1 hour of engaging, informative and unique broadcast content
- Write and post numerous stories for all WVLT digital platforms
- Use editorial judgement to present stories that matter to the WVLT audience
- Booth at least 1 hour of television content from the WVLT control room
- Coordinate multiple live shots, including sources from satellite, microwave and TVU sources
- Be able to control and monitor breaking news and weather situations
- Engage viewers on social media to enhance the broadcast experience
- Perform any other actions as asked by the news director/ management staff
- At least 2 years producing experience is required. A degree in journalism or a related communication field is mandatory. Must be available to work all shifts. Capable of working under pressure and meeting daily deadlines in a high energy working environment. Good communications skills, and the ability to multi-task efficiently.
Persons interested in submitting an application for the position identified above should apply online at www.gray.tv/applynow.
WVLT-TV – Producer 6450 Papermill Drive Knoxville, TN 37919
Gray Television Group, Inc. is a drug-free company requiring pre-employment drug and background testing. WVLT/Gray Television participates in E-Verify. EOE Job descriptions are subject to change at the discretion of management.