Gray Television seeks a dynamic Television Traffic/Copy Coordinator to join our award-winning team. This position will be responsible to provide administrative support in the daily execution of TV Traffic/Copy/Sales functions. Proven ability to multi-task and complete all work assignments by established deadlines is required.
At the door step of the Smoky Mountains and on the banks of the Tennessee River, Knoxville is the 61st largest television market in the country. In addition to being home to the University of Tennessee’s flagship campus, Knoxville sports a walkable downtown, sophisticated mix of culture and cuisine, a diverse and robust employment sector, advanced medical care, and amenities found in big cities yet maintains a small town feel. In addition to producing 34 hours of newscasts each week on CBS affiliate WVLT, the station takes advantage of its co-owned CW-affiliate and to expand its news audience by producing two hours of additional weekday morning news and nightly 10 p.m. newscast. WVLT is also Knoxville’s proud sports leader featuring franchises such as the Masters, March Madness, the SEC game of the week, The NFL on CBS, Live high school games of the week throughout the season, and the High School playoffs and championship game, as well.
- Manage inventory and log production for multiple stations while maximizing revenue and operational integrity
- Manage station traffic programming ensuring break structure maximizes station revenue opportunities
- Communicate directly with station personnel to resolve inventory issues and plan for high value events
- Provide support for station personnel on all traffic needs
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to read, interpret and follow instructions
- Must have the ability to remain calm in stressful situations, work well with interruptions and be flexible
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with managers and employees
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Have at least 2 years of Media traffic experience
- Working knowledge of WideOrbit traffic is a plus
Persons interested in submitting an application for the position identified above should apply online at:
WVLT-TV – Traffic Coordinator
6450 Papermill Drive
Knoxville, TN 37919
Gray Television Group, Inc. is a drug-free company requiring pre-employment drug and background testing. WVLT/Gray Television participates in E-Verify. EOE Job descriptions are subject to change at the discretion of management.