Washington State vs. FGCU Women's Basketball Predictions & Picks - NCAA Tournament First Round
Saturday's contest that pits the Washington State Cougars (23-10) against the Florida Gulf Coast Eagles (32-3) at The William B. Finneran Pavilion has a good chance to be a tight matchup based on our computer prediction, which projects a final score of 67-64 in favor of Washington State. Game time is at 2:30 PM ET on March 18.
The Cougars are coming off of a 65-61 win against UCLA in their most recent outing on Sunday.
Washington State vs. FGCU Game Info
- When: Saturday, March 18, 2023 at 2:30 PM ET
- Where: The William B. Finneran Pavilion in Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania
- How to Watch on TV: ESPNU
Washington State vs. FGCU Score Prediction
- Prediction: Washington State 67, FGCU 66
Washington State Schedule Analysis
- On March 2, the Cougars claimed their best win of the season, a 66-58 victory over the Utah Utes, who rank No. 8 in the AP's Top 25.
- When facing Quadrant 1 opponents, the Cougars are 10-8 (.556%) -- tied for the sixth-most wins, but also tied for the 47th-most defeats.
- Washington State has tied for the 21st-most Quadrant 2 victories in the nation (six).
Washington State 2022-23 Best Wins
- 66-58 over Utah (No. 8/AP Poll) on March 2
- 65-61 over UCLA (No. 14/AP Poll) on March 5
- 62-55 on the road over UCLA (No. 14/AP Poll) on February 23
- 61-49 over Colorado (No. 21/AP Poll) on March 3
- 70-59 on the road over Arizona (No. 25/AP Poll) on January 29
FGCU Schedule Analysis
- The Eagles defeated the Kentucky Wildcats (No. 95-ranked in our computer rankings) in a 69-63 win on December 18 -- their best win of the season.
- FGCU has tied for the 36th-most Quadrant 4 wins in the country (14).
FGCU 2022-23 Best Wins
- 69-63 on the road over Kentucky (No. 95) on December 18
- 84-60 at home over Liberty (No. 96) on March 11
- 70-53 at home over Liberty (No. 96) on January 2
- 68-60 over San Diego (No. 114) on November 20
- 65-45 on the road over Hawaii (No. 132) on November 18
Washington State Performance Insights
- The Cougars average 67.2 points per game (137th in college basketball) while allowing 60.9 per outing (84th in college basketball). They have a +206 scoring differential overall and outscore opponents by 6.3 points per game.
- Offensively, Washington State is tallying 63.0 points per game this year in conference tilts. To compare, its season average (67.2 points per game) is 4.2 PPG higher.
- The Cougars are scoring 67.0 points per game in home games. On the road, they are faring better offensively, averaging 67.8 points per contest.
- In 2022-23, Washington State is allowing 58.1 points per game in home games. On the road, it is allowing 64.8.
- In their last 10 games, the Cougars have been racking up 63.8 points per contest, an average that's slightly lower than the 67.2 they've scored over the course of the 2022-23 season.
FGCU Performance Insights
- The Eagles' +778 scoring differential (outscoring opponents by 22.3 points per game) is a result of putting up 78.1 points per game (17th in college basketball) while allowing 55.8 per contest (17th in college basketball).
- FGCU has averaged 4 more points in ASUN games (82.1) than overall (78.1).
- The Eagles are putting up fewer points at home (76.3 per game) than away (82.0).
- At home, FGCU concedes 51.7 points per game. On the road, it concedes 57.4.
- While the Eagles are scoring 78.1 points per game in 2022-23, they have fallen short of that in their last 10 games, tallying 76.0 points per contest.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.