How to Watch the Rays vs. Rangers Game: Streaming & TV Channel Info for AL Wild Card Game 1
The AL Wild Card Series begins on Tuesday when the Tampa Bay Rays play host to the Texas Rangers. Action begins at 3:08 PM ET at Tropicana Field, and can be watched on ABC. Tyler Glasnow is starting for the Rays and Jordan Montgomery is expected to start for the Rangers.
Sign up for Fubo to watch this matchup and make sure you don't miss any of the action all year long!
Rays vs. Rangers Live Stream, TV Channel and Game Info:
- Date: Tuesday, October 3, 2023
- Time: 3:08 PM ET
- TV Channel: ABC
- Location: St. Petersburg, Florida
- Venue: Tropicana Field
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
Bet on this matchup with BetMGM Sportsbook and use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
Discover More About This Game
Rays Batting & Pitching Performance
- The Rays average 1.4 home runs per game to rank sixth in baseball with 230 total home runs.
- Tampa Bay ranks fourth in MLB with a .445 slugging percentage.
- The Rays are third in the majors with a .260 batting average.
- Tampa Bay is the fourth-highest scoring team in MLB action, averaging 5.3 runs per game (860 total).
- The Rays' .332 on-base percentage ranks fourth-best in MLB.
- The Rays strike out 8.8 times per game to rank 18th in baseball.
- Tampa Bay's pitching staff ranks fourth in MLB with a collective 9.4 strikeouts per nine innings.
- Tampa Bay has the fifth-ranked team ERA across all MLB pitching staffs (3.87).
- The Rays have the first-lowest WHIP in MLB (1.177).
Rangers Batting & Pitching Performance
- The Rangers have hit 233 homers this season, which ranks third in the league.
- Texas ranks third in the majors with a .452 team slugging percentage.
- The Rangers' .263 batting average is among the best in baseball, ranking second in MLB.
- Texas has scored 881 runs this season, which ranks third in MLB.
- The Rangers are among the best in the league at getting on base, ranking third with an OBP of .337.
- The Rangers rank 17th in strikeouts per game (8.7) among MLB offenses.
- Texas averages the 22nd-most strikeouts per nine innings (8.5) in the majors this season.
- Texas pitchers have a combined ERA of 4.27 ERA this year, which ranks 17th in MLB.
- The Rangers rank 12th in MLB with a combined 1.267 WHIP this season.
Rays Probable Starting Pitcher
- Glasnow (10-7) gets the starting nod for the Rays in his 22nd start of the season. He's put together a 3.60 ERA in 120 2/3 innings pitched, with 162 strikeouts.
- The right-hander's last appearance was on Wednesday against the Boston Red Sox, when he threw five scoreless innings while allowing two hits.
- Glasnow is looking to pick up his 10th quality start of the year.
- Glasnow is seeking his third straight outing lasting five or more innings. He averages 5.7 frames per appearance on the mound.
- In two of his 21 total appearances this season he has not surrendered an earned run.
Rangers Probable Starting Pitcher
- The Rangers will hand the ball to Montgomery (10-11) for his 33rd start of the season.
- The left-hander's last appearance was on Friday, when he threw six innings against the Seattle Mariners, giving up one earned run while allowing five hits.
- He's looking to extend his four-game quality start streak.
- Montgomery has pitched five or more innings in five straight games and will look to extend that streak.
- He has seven appearances this season with zero earned runs allowed out of his 32 chances this season.
|Date||Opponent||Score||Home/Away||Rays Starter||Opponent Starter|
|9/26/2023||Red Sox||W 9-7||Away||Zach Eflin||Tanner Houck|
|9/27/2023||Red Sox||W 5-0||Away||Tyler Glasnow||Brayan Bello|
|9/29/2023||Blue Jays||L 11-4||Away||Aaron Civale||Yusei Kikuchi|
|9/30/2023||Blue Jays||W 7-5||Away||Shawn Armstrong||Hyun-Jin Ryu|
|10/1/2023||Blue Jays||W 12-8||Away||Jacob Lopez||Wes Parsons|
|10/3/2023||Rangers||-||Home||Tyler Glasnow||Jordan Montgomery|
|10/4/2023||Rangers||-||Home||Zach Eflin||Nathan Eovaldi|
|Date||Opponent||Score||Home/Away||Rangers Starter||Opponent Starter|
|9/27/2023||Angels||W 5-0||Away||Dane Dunning||Griffin Canning|
|9/28/2023||Mariners||L 3-2||Away||Jordan Montgomery||Logan Gilbert|
|9/29/2023||Mariners||L 8-0||Away||Nathan Eovaldi||Bryan Woo|
|9/30/2023||Mariners||W 6-1||Away||Andrew Heaney||Luis Castillo|
|10/1/2023||Mariners||L 1-0||Away||Dane Dunning||George Kirby|
|10/3/2023||Rays||-||Away||Jordan Montgomery||Tyler Glasnow|
|10/4/2023||Rays||-||Away||Nathan Eovaldi||Zach Eflin|
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.